“If you follow your passion, you will never work a day in your life and you will also never work harder. ”
Want to know more about Jake? Check out Beach Happy Magazine’s article about his journey here.
With an artist and a surfboard shaper as parents, Jake was pretty much born for this. (Studying graphic design at FSU and on-the-job training did help, though.)
Making the ‘world’s best’ Mezcal Negroni.
1-once of Mezcal
1-once of Otto’s Athens Vermouth
1-dash of orange bitters
Combine & Pour: Over a large ice cube
Garnish: 1 orange peel and 1 Luxardo Maraschino cherry
IF JAKE WERE TO WRITE BUSINESS AND DESIGN FORTUNE COOKIES, HERE IS HIS RUNNING LIST:
- Design is the silent ambassador of your brand.
- A good designer anticipates what people need before they know they even need it.
- Exceed your client’s expectations and always over-deliver.
- If you think good branding is expensive, you should look at the cost of bad branding.
- It needs to sell, not just look good.
- Your client is the expert in their industry, you are the expert in yours.
- Work with people and brands you believe in.
- You can’t polish a turd.
- Always have integrity in everything you do.
- Trust is earned not given.
- Everything you do has your name on it, create wisely.
- If a design is like an entrée, make sure they lick the plate after.
- Speed, quality, price…pick any two.
- If you’re not extraordinary or remarkable, nobody will remember it.